Animo Western Charter Middle School
Top Placements (California)
Animo Western Charter Middle School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Animo Western Charter Middle School's student population of 626 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||626 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Animo Western Charter Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Animo Western Charter Middle School is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Alliance Health Services Academy High School Grades: 9-12 | 453 students
12226 S. W.ern Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(323)972-9010 0.1 9-12 453
- Los Angeles Middle College High School Grades: 9-12 | 387 students
1600 W. Imperial Hwy Bldg. 16
Los Angeles, CA 90047
(323)418-4700 0.4 9-12 387
- Hawthorne Cimarron Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 330 students
11559 Cimarron Ave.
Hawthorne, CA 90250
(323)757-1226 0.7 K-5 330
- Los Angeles West Ans Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 750 students
1110 W. 119th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323)756-9114 0.8 K-5 750
- Los Angeles Animo South Los Angeles Charter Grades: 9-12 | 622 students
12226 S. W.ern Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(323)779-0544 0.9 9-12 622
Nearby Homes for Sale
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.