Annapolis High School
Top Placements (Maryland)
Annapolis High School is Listed among the top public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Annapolis High School's student population of 1911 students has grown by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 135 teachers has grown by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,911 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||135 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Annapolis High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Annapolis High School is Anne Arundel County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 25 school districts in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Anne Arundel County School District's student population of 79,999 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 89% has increased from 84% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,681 in this district is less than the state average of $16,454. The district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,073 is less than the state average of $16,634. The district spending/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
|School District Name||Anne Arundel County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||79,999||17,941|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$1,064 MM||$295 MM|
|District Spending||$1,095 MM||$298 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,681||$16,454|
|District Spending / Student||$14,073||$16,634|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Annapolis Rolling Knolls Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 412 students
1985 Valley Rd
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410)222-5820 1.7 PK-5 412
- Edgewater Edgewater Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 547 students
121 Washington Rd
Edgewater, MD 21037
(410)222-1660 2.4 K-5 547
- Annapolis Germantown Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 741 students
200 Windell Avenue
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410)222-1615 2.7 PK-5 741
- Annapolis Phoenix Academy Grades: K-12 | 331 students
1411 Cedar Park Road
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410)222-5000 2.7 K-12 331
September 17, 2018
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
August 29, 2018
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
August 28, 2018
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.