Anthon Elementary School
Anthon Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Anthon Elementary School's student population of 105 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||105 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Anthon Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#346 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Maple Valley-Anthon Oto Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Correctionville River Valley Junior- Senior High School Grades: 6-12 | 224 students
916 Hackberry St
Correctionville, IA 51016
(712) 372-4656 7.9 6-12 224
- Pierson Pierson Elementary School Grades: 5 | 30 students
321 4th Street
Pierson, IA 51048
(712) 375-5939 11.2 5 30
- Pierson Pierson Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 112 students
321 4th St
Pierson, IA 51048
(712) 375-5939 11.2 6-8 112
- Moville Moville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 290 students
408 South 4th Street
Moville, IA 51039
(712) 873-3128 12.5 PK-5 290
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.