Mapleton Elementary School
Mapleton Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Mapleton Elementary School's student population of 195 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||195 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mapleton Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#922 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Maple Valley-Anthon Oto Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mapleton Maple Valley-anthon Oto High School Grades: 9-12 | 243 students
501 South 7th Street
Mapleton, IA 51034
(712) 881-1317 0.0 9-12 243
- Charter Oak Charter Oak-ute Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 151 students
Charter Oak, IA 51439
(712) 678-3325 8.8 PK-5 151
- Charter Oak Charter Oak-ute Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 47 students
321 Main St
Charter Oak, IA 51439
(712) 678-3325 12.1 6-8 47
- Anthon Anthon Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 105 students
110 W Division
Anthon, IA 51004
(712) 373-5244 16.0 PK-5 105
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.