Anthon Elementary School
- Anthon Elementary School's student population of 655 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-2|
|Total Students||655 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Anthon Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,780 schools in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2012-13 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank (12-13)||#7138 out of 7780 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Uvalde CISD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Uvalde Flores Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 673 students
901 N Getty St
Uvalde, TX 78801
(830)591-2976 0.3 5-8 673
- Uvalde Benson Elementary School Grades: 5 | 303 students
601 Dean St
Uvalde, TX 78802
(830)591-4954 0.6 5 303
- Uvalde Morales J High School Grades: 8-9 | 310 students
615 Studer St
Uvalde, TX 78802
(830)591-2980 0.8 8-9 310
- Sabinal Cluster V Sp Ed Grades: PK-12
900 N Pickford
Sabinal, TX 78881
(830)278-6695 1.0 PK-12 n/a
I feel that the teachers are exceptional, I am a bit predjudiced as my mother teaches 1st grade at Anthon. I see that the teachers truely care for these children and strive to offer them the very best chance at being productive through education....another plus is that these teacher CARE.
- Posted by Parent - kiddn
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.