River Valley Junior- Senior High School
- River Valley Junior- Senior High School's student population of 224 students has grown by 32% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||224 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- River Valley Junior- Senior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#634 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||River Valley Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pierson Pierson Elementary School Grades: 5 | 30 students
321 4th Street
Pierson, IA 51048
(712) 375-5939 6.5 5 30
- Pierson Pierson Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 112 students
321 4th St
Pierson, IA 51048
(712) 375-5939 6.5 6-8 112
- Washta River Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 228 students
100 South 5th St
Washta, IA 51061
(712) 447-6318 7.2 PK-5 228
- Anthon Anthon Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 105 students
110 W Division
Anthon, IA 51004
(712) 373-5244 7.9 PK-5 105
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.