Altar Valley Elementary School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public preschool managed by Altar Valley Elementary School District serving 327 students in Tucson, Arizona.
- Minority enrollment is 65% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Arizona state average of 61%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is more than the state average of 20:1.
Altar Valley Elementary School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Tucson Robles Elementary School9875 South Sasabe Road
Tucson, AZ 85736
Grades: PK-4 | 327 students
|School District Name||Altar Valley Elementary School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||635|
|# of Teachers||30|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21|
|# of Male Students||292|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||343|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||64|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||331|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||218|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||18|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||7|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||62|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||57|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||74|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||80|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||75|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Altar Valley Elementary School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 603 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has increased from 70-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,429 is higher than the state average of $7,180. The school district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,285 is higher than the state average of $6,852. The school district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$9 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,429||$7,180|
|Spending / Student||$9,285||$6,852|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.