Atkins School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Atkins School District serving 1,047 students in Atkins, Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Arkansas state average of 39%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Atkins School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Atkins Atkins Elementary School611 Nw 4th St
Atkins, AR 72823
Grades: PK-4 | 446 students
- Atkins Atkins High School403 Ave Three Nw
Atkins, AR 72823
Grades: 9-12 | 308 students
- Atkins Atkins Middle School611 Nw 4th St
Atkins, AR 72823
Grades: 5-8 | 293 students
|School District Name||Atkins School District|
|# of Schools||3|
|# of Students||1,047|
|# of Teachers||91|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12|
|# of Male Students||521|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||526|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||30|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||10|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||983|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||19|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||40|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||84|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||83|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||75|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||80|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Atkins School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 256 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $18,005 is higher than the state average of $10,618. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $32,260 is higher than the state average of $11,226. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$19 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$33 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$18,005||$10,618|
|Spending / Student||$32,260||$11,226|
The American public school system is by no means perfect, but is it completely broken? Keep reading to learn about some of the top issues affecting the public school system.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.