Arlington Community High School
Arlington Community High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Arlington Community High School's student population of 168 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||168 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Arlington Community High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,801 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1431 out of 1801 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥80%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Arlington County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arlington Barrett Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 539 students
4401 N Henderson Rd
Arlington, VA 22203
(703)228-6288 0.7 PK-5 539
- Arlington Glebe Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 625 students
1770 N. Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22207
(703)228-6280 0.8 PK-5 625
- Arlington Arlington Science Focus School Grades: PK-5 | 681 students
1501 N. Lincoln Street
Arlington, VA 22201
(703)228-7670 1.0 PK-5 681
- Arlington Arlington Traditional Grades: PK-5 | 540 students
855 N. Edison St
Arlington, VA 22205
(703)228-6290 1.1 PK-5 540
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.