Arrowhead Elementary School
- Arrowhead Elementary School's student population of 408 students has grown by 28% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||408 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Arrowhead Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#910 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Prince George's County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Capitol Heights H. W. Wheatley Early Childhood Center Grades: PK | 259 students
8801 Ritchie Dr
Capitol Heights, MD 20743
(301) 808-8100 1.3 PK 259
- District Heights Longfields Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 283 students
3300 Newkirk Ave
District Heights, MD 20747
(301) 817-0455 2.1 PK-6 283
- Upper Marlboro International High School @ Largo Grades: 9-11 | 260 students
505 Largo Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
(301) 702-3810 2.3 9-11 260
- Upper Marlboro Phyllis E. Williams Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 356 students
9601 Prince Pl
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
(301) 499-3373 2.3 K-6 356
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.