Astatula Elementary School
- Astatula Elementary School's student population of 644 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||644 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Astatula Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1654 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lake School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Astatula Elementary School is Lake Hills School (2.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Howey In The Hills Lake Hills School Grades: PK-12 | 221 students
909 S Lakeshore Blvd
Howey In The Hills, FL 34737
(352) 324-3175 2.6 PK-12 221
- Eustis Lake Virtual Instruction Course Offerings Grades: K-12
200 W Golf Links Ave
Eustis, FL 32726
(352) 253-4166 3.5 K-12 n/a
- Tavares Tavares Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,131 student
1335 Lane Park Cutoff Ofc
Tavares, FL 32778
(352) 343-4545 4.3 6-8 1,131
- Mount Dora Contracted Services Grades: K-12
28334 Churchill Smith Ln
Mount Dora, FL 32757
(352) 797-7000 5.2 K-12 n/a
- Tavares Lake County Acer Program Grades: 6-12 | 10 students
551 W Main St
Tavares, FL 32778
(352) 253-6675 6.4 6-12 10
I am a grandparent of a student. I went to school from 1955 to 1967 in Jersey City, N.J. 1/3 of my school was black, 1/3 was Hispanic, 1/3 was white, and people from all over the world, including every religion. We all learned to respect the differences, and PS#37 staged the customs and dress of every students ethnic background on stage. If at the end of a great education, you failed, it was your fault. GOD BLESS TEACHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Posted by Parent - jcfd1
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.