Atchison County Community Jr/sr High School
- Atchison County Community Jr/sr High School's student population of 255 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||255 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Atchison County Community Jr/sr High School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#1071 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Atchison Co Comm s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Effingham Atchison County Community Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 283 students
607 8th Street
Effingham, KS 66023
(913)833-4420 0.2 PK-6 283
- Nortonville Jefferson County North Elem/middle Grades: PK-8 | 336 students
100 Charger Lane
Nortonville, KS 66060
(913)886-3870 8.5 PK-8 336
- Everest Everest Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 173 students
221 South 7th
Everest, KS 66424
(785)548-7536 10.7 5-8 173
- Horton Horton High School Grades: 9-12 | 165 students
1120 First Ave East
Horton, KS 66439
(785)486-2151 11.8 9-12 165
- Horton Horton Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 248 students
300 E 16th
Horton, KS 66439
(785)486-2616 12.1 PK-4 248
Nearby Homes for Sale
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.