Horton High School
- Horton High School's student population of 157 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Horton High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,265 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1204 out of 1265 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Brown County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Horton Horton Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 245 students
300 E 16th
Horton, KS 66439
(785) 486-2616 0.4 PK-4 245
- Everest Everest Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 176 students
221 South 7th
Everest, KS 66424
(785) 548-7536 5.4 5-8 176
- Powhattan Kickapoo Nation School Grades: K-12 | 68 students
P.o. Box 106
Powhattan, KS 66527
(785) 474-3365 8.8 K-12 68
- Effingham Atchison County Community Elementary School Grades: PK-6
607 8th Street
Effingham, KS 66023
(913) 833-4420 11.8 PK-6 n/a
- Effingham Atchison County Community Jr/sr High School Grades: 7-12
908 Tiger Road
Effingham, KS 66023
(913) 833-2240 11.8 7-12 n/a
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.