Avella Area Junior Senior High School
- Avella Area Junior Senior High School's student population of 261 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||261 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Avella Area Junior Senior High School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1098 out of 2,835 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Avella Area SD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Avella Avella El Center Grades: K-6 | 293 students
1000 Avella Rd
Avella, PA 15312
(724)356-2294 0.0 K-6 293
- Wellsburg Franklin Primary School Grades: K-4 | 145 students
1305 Washington Pike
Wellsburg, WV 26070
(304)737-1760 6.1 K-4 145
- Wellsburg Brooke High School Grades: PK-12 | 966 students
29 Bruin Drive, Box 610
Wellsburg, WV 26070
(304)527-1410 8.1 PK-12 966
- Burgettstown Burgettstown El Center Grades: K-5 | 503 students
100 Bavington Rd
Burgettstown, PA 15021
(724)947-8150 8.8 K-5 503
Nearby Homes for Sale
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.