Barr Reeve Elementary School
Barr Reeve Elementary School serves 303 students in grades 2-5.
Barr Reeve Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Indiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 81% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 73% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 49%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is lower than the Indiana state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 2% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is lower than the Indiana state average of 32% (majority Black).
Barr Reeve Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Barr Reeve Elementary School's student population of 303 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Barr Reeve Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,757 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Barr Reeve Elementary School is 0.04, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.51. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (IN)
Overall Testing Rank
#47 out of 1757 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, IN Dept. of Education
Review Barr Reeve Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
Back to School: Getting Up to Date with Required Vaccinations
Stay up to date on the current requirements for vaccinations for school-age children today, as well as some of the problems schools face when parents do not properly immunize their kids.
Utah on its Way to Banning Sex-Ed in Schools
The new bill, which has already passed state lawmakers, would ban public schools from teaching about contraception or sexually transmitted diseases. If it is signed into law by the governor, it will be the most conservative law in the country regarding sex education in schools.