Petersburg Elementary School
- Petersburg Elementary School's student population of 461 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||461 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Petersburg Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#1141 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pike County School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Petersburg Pike Central High School Grades: 9-12 | 574 students
1810 E Sr 56
Petersburg, IN 47567
(812) 354-8478 4.1 9-12 574
- Petersburg Pike Central Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 418 students
1814 E Sr 56
Petersburg, IN 47567
(812) 354-8478 4.1 6-8 418
- Winslow Winslow Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 323 students
301 E Porter St
Winslow, IN 47598
(812) 789-2209 8.0 PK-5 323
- Otwell Otwell Miller Academy Grades: K-5 | 60 students
9958 East County Road 150 N
Otwell, IN 47564
(812) 354-0800 10.3 K-5 60
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.