Barranca Elementary School
- Barranca Elementary School's student population of 599 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||599 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Barranca Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Barranca Elementary School is Covina-valley Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Covina-valley Unified School District's student population of 10,918 students has decreased by 15% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,043 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 38% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,411 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 37% over four school years.
|School District Name||Covina-valley Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||10,918||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$130 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$135 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,043||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$10,411||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Covina Sierra Vista Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 811 students
777 E. Puente St.
Covina, CA 91723
(626)974-7300 0.5 6-8 811
- Covina Covina High School Grades: 9-12 | 1316 students
463 S. Hollenbeck Ave.
Covina, CA 91723
(626)974-6020 1.1 9-12 1316
- Covina Royal Oak Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 712 students
303 S. Glendora Ave.
Covina, CA 91724
(626)967-6354 1.1 7-8 712
- Covina South Hills High School Grades: 9-12 | 1702 students
645 S. Barranca St.
Covina, CA 91723
(626)974-6220 1.1 9-12 1702
- West Covina Rio Verde Academy Grades: K-12 | 79 students
2226 E. Rio Verde Dr.
West Covina, CA 91791
(626)332-0289 1.2 K-12 79
The adjustment from middle school to high school can be a huge challenge for some students. We’ll offer tips for parents to help them help their kids adjust to the new school environment and academic standards.
With schools nationwide adopting common core standards, we’ll take a look at what they are, their benefits, and how they will change the face of public education.
We report on Hawaii’s stellar progress in its Race to the Top efforts and how the support of one philanthropic organization on the Islands is contributing to that success.