Sierra Vista Middle School
- Sierra Vista Middle School's student population of 811 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||811 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sierra Vista Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Sierra Vista Middle School is Covina-valley Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Covina-valley Unified School District's student population of 10,918 students has decreased by 15% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,043 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 38% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,411 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 37% over four school years.
|School District Name||Covina-valley Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||10,918||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$130 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$135 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,043||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$10,411||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Covina Barranca Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 599 students
727 S. Barranca Ave.
Covina, CA 91723
(626)974-4000 0.5 K-5 599
- Covina Royal Oak Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 712 students
303 S. Glendora Ave.
Covina, CA 91724
(626)967-6354 0.6 7-8 712
- Covina Badillo Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 433 students
1771 E. Old Badillo Ave.
Covina, CA 91724
(626)966-1753 1.2 K-6 433
- Covina Ben Lomond Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 483 students
621 E. Covina Blvd.
Covina, CA 91722
(626)974-4101 1.2 K-5 483
- Covina Cedargrove Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 766 students
1209 N. Glendora Ave.
Covina, CA 91724
(626)966-8675 1.4 K-6 766
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.