Barry Goldwater High School
Barry Goldwater High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Barry Goldwater High School's student population of 1,745 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 84 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,745 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||84 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Barry Goldwater High School's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#1265 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Deer Valley Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix West-mec - Barry Goldwater High School Grades: 9-12
2820 W. Rose Garden Lane
Phoenix, AZ 85031
(623)445-3000 0.0 9-12 n/a
- Phoenix Deer Valley Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 594 students
21100 North 27th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85027
(623)445-5000 0.2 7-8 594
- Phoenix Unity Regional High School Grades: 9-12 | 2 students
2624 W. Lone Cactus Dr
Phoenix, AZ 85023
(623)879-6763 0.4 9-12 2
- Phoenix Paseo Hills Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 906 students
3302 W. Louise
Phoenix, AZ 85027
(623)445-5000 0.8 PK-8 906
- Glendale Park Meadows Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 619 students
20012 N. 35th Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85308
(623)445-5000 1.0 PK-6 619
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.