Barryton Elementary School
- Barryton Elementary School's student population of 229 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||229 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Barryton Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1179 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Chippewa Hills School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Remus Chippewa Hills High School Grades: 9-12 | 550 students
3226 Arthur Rd
Remus, MI 49340
(989) 967-2100 7.5 9-12 550
- Remus Chippewa Hills Intermediate School Grades: 5-8 | 617 students
3102 Arthur Rd
Remus, MI 49340
(989) 967-2200 7.5 5-8 617
- Weidman Weidman Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 285 students
3311 North School Rd
Weidman, MI 48893
(989) 644-3430 10.2 PK-4 285
- Evart Evart Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 272 students
321 North Hemlock St
Evart, MI 49631
(231) 734-4222 10.9 5-8 272
- Mecosta Mecosta Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 236 students
555 West Main St
Mecosta, MI 49332
(231) 972-7477 11.0 PK-4 236
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?