Chippewa Hills School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 6 public schools in Chippewa Hills School District, serving 2,009 students. Chippewa Hills School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Michigan.
- Public schools in Chippewa Hills School District have an average math proficiency score of 33% (versus the Michigan public school average of 33%), and reading proficiency score of 37% (versus the 39% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 6/10, which is in the top 50% of public schools in Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body (majority Hispanic and American Indian), which is less than the Michigan public school average of 34% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is more than the Michigan public school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Chippewa Hills School District|
|School District Website||http://www.chsd.us|
|School District Phone Number||(989) 967-2000|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|# of Schools||6 Schools||3,735 Schools|
|# of Students||2,009 Students||1,472,301 Students|
|# of Teachers||99 Teachers||82,182 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
- Chippewa Hills School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 869 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70-74% has decreased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#337 out of 869 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||54 Students||9,974 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||49,834 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||73 Students||114,872 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||27 Students||260,793 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,711 Students||978,273 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||5 Students||1,272 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||137 Students||57,365 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||157||116,607|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||145||105,799|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||155||103,933|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||135||105,395|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||158||107,959|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||155||112,259|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||155||112,463|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||154||111,894|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||158||114,566|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||174||123,361|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||168||121,139|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||153||115,656|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||142||117,214|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||4,056|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,369 in this school district is less than the state median of $13,151. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,639 is less than the state median of $13,281. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$23 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,369||$13,151|
|Revenue / Student||$11,639||$13,281|
Chippewa Hills School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Weidman Elementary School 3311 North School Rd
Weidman, MI 48893
Grades: PK-4 | 285 students
- Mecosta Elementary School 555 West Main St
Mecosta, MI 49332
Grades: PK-4 | 236 students
- Barryton Elementary School 19701 30th Ave
Barryton, MI 49305
Grades: PK-4 | 229 students
- Chippewa Hills Intermediate School 3102 Arthur Rd
Remus, MI 49340
Grades: 5-8 | 617 students
- Mosaic School 350 W Wheatland Ave
Remus, MI 49340
Grades: 7-12 | 92 students
- Chippewa Hills High School 3226 Arthur Rd
Remus, MI 49340
Grades: 9-12 | 550 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.