Bauer Elementary School
Bauer Elementary School serves 381 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Bauer Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Michigan for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70-74% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70-74% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 49%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the Michigan state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Michigan state average of 35% (majority Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 381 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 11%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in MI
- Math Proficiency: 70-74% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 70-74% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Bauer Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Bauer Elementary School's student population of 381 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 28% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Bauer Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 3,120 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Bauer Elementary School is 0.21, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (MI)
Overall Testing Rank
#147 out of 3120 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Review Bauer Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
What does the Country's Most Expensive School Look Like?
Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools win the award for the country’s most expensive campus, clocking in at a price tag of one-half of a billion dollars. Take a walk down the hall to experience the priciest public school in America.
Detroit Schools: District Is Failing Its Students According To Test Scores
We report on dismal math and reading test scores of Detroit public school students and what’s being done to bring scores up to par.
August 05, 2022Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.