Belle Isle Middle School
Belle Isle Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Oklahoma for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Belle Isle Middle School's student population of 450 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2004, 2011)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||450 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Belle Isle Middle School is ranked within the top 1% of all 1,678 schools in Oklahoma (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OK)|
|Overall School Rank||#5 out of 1,678 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Oklahoma City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oklahoma City Kirkland Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 252 students
6020 North Independence Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
(405)842-1491 1.0 PK-5 252
- Oklahoma City Independence Charter Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 309 students
3232 Nw 65th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
(405)767-3000 1.2 6-8 309
- Oklahoma City Able Charter School 9th-12th Grades: 9-12 | 44 students
4500 N Classen Blvd Ste 2015
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
(405)990-2282 1.6 9-12 44
- Oklahoma City Sequoyah Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 385 students
2400 Northwest 36th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
(405)587-9200 1.6 PK-6 385
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.