Bement High School
- Bement High School's student population of 100 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has grown by 30% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bement High School's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bement CUSD 5 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monticello Washington School Grades: 4-5 | 213 students
3 Sage Dr
Monticello, IL 61856
(217)762-8511 6.8 4-5 213
- Cerro Gordo Cerro Gordo Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 266 students
Po Box 66
Cerro Gordo, IL 61818
(217)763-2551 8.8 PK-6 266
- Cerro Gordo Cerro Gordo Junior And Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 249 students
Po Box 79
Cerro Gordo, IL 61818
(217)763-2711 8.8 7-12 249
- Atwood Atwood-hammond Grade School Grades: PK-8 | 303 students
316 N Illinois St
Atwood, IL 61913
(217)578-2229 9.9 PK-8 303
- Argenta Argenta-oreana High School Grades: 9-12 | 285 students
Po Box 469
Argenta, IL 62501
(217)795-4821 14.0 9-12 285
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.