Bertram Caruthers Elementary School
Bertram Caruthers Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Bertram Caruthers Elementary School's student population of 379 students has grown by 38% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||379 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bertram Caruthers Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#1212 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kansas City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Northwest Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 524 students
2400 N 18th St
Kansas City, KS 66104
(913)627-4000 0.7 6-8 524
- Kansas City Douglass Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 367 students
1310 N 9th Street
Kansas City, KS 66101
(913)627-5100 1.0 PK-5 367
- Kansas City Banneker Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 408 students
2026 N 4th Street
Kansas City, KS 66101
(913)627-4700 1.1 PK-5 408
- Kansas City School For Blind Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 9 students
1100 State Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66102
(913)305-3000 1.1 PK-6 9
Nearby Homes for Sale
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.