Bethune Mary M Elementary School
Bethune Mary M Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Bethune Mary M Elementary School's student population of 523 students has declined by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has declined by 17% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||523 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bethune Mary M Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,650 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2709 out of 3650 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Broward School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dania Dania Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 506 students
300 Se 2nd Ave
Dania, FL 33004
(754)323-5350 0.8 PK-5 506
- Fort Lauderdale New Life Charter Academy Grades: K-5 | 129 students
3550 Davie Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
(954)381-5199 1.3 K-5 129
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.