Bill Duncan Opportunity Center
- Bill Duncan Opportunity Center's student population of 52 students has declined by 66% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bill Duncan Opportunity Center's student:teacher ratio of 4:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#3540 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||POLK School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lakeland Polk State College Collegiate High School Grades: 11-12 | 285 students
3425 Winter Lake Rd Lac Bldg
Lakeland, FL 33803
(863)669-2322 0.5 11-12 285
- Lakeland Oscar J. Pope Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 495 students
2730 Maine Ave
Lakeland, FL 33801
(863)499-2992 1.3 PK-5 495
- Lakeland South Mckeel Academy Grades: K-8 | 1164 students
2222 Edgewood Dr S
Lakeland, FL 33803
(863)510-0044 1.9 K-8 1164
- Lakeland Highlands Grove Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 795 students
4510 Lakeland Highlands Rd
Lakeland, FL 33813
(863)648-3002 2.1 PK-5 795
THEY NEED TO SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN. IT IS THE REASON WHY I HAD TO DROP OUT OF SCHOOL. THE TEACHERS ARE ONLY THERE FOR THE MONEY. IT'S THE WORST SCHOOL IN POLK COUNTY.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - WWWWW
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.