Oscar J. Pope Elementary School
- Oscar J. Pope Elementary School's student population of 494 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||494 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oscar J. Pope Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2830 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (12-13)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Polk School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lakeland South Mckeel Academy Grades: PK-8 | 1,195 student
2222 Edgewood Dr S
Lakeland, FL 33803
(863) 510-0044 0.8 PK-8 1,195
- Lakeland Crystal Lake Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 906 students
2410 Crystal Lake Dr N
Lakeland, FL 33801
(863) 499-2970 1.2 6-8 906
- Lakeland Polk Full Time Eschool Grades: K-12 | 92 students
900 Lowry Ave
Lakeland, FL 33801
(863) 665-4538 1.3 K-12 92
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.