Biloxi High School
Biloxi High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Biloxi High School's student population of 1,699 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 101 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2007)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,699 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||101 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Biloxi High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 835 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#56 out of 835 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Biloxi Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Biloxi R D Brown Vocational Center
1845 Richard Drive
Biloxi, MS 39533
(228)435-6318 0.0 n/a n/a
- Biloxi North Bay Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 736 students
1825 Indian Drive
Biloxi, MS 39532
(228)435-6166 0.5 K-5 736
- Diberville Diberville Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 737 students
4540 Brodie Road
Diberville, MS 39540
(228)392-2803 0.7 K-3 737
- Biloxi Jeff Davis Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 663 students
340 St. Mary Blvd.
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228)436-5110 2.1 K-5 663
- Biloxi Lopez School
140 St. John Street
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228)432-7783 2.8 n/a n/a
This school system has consistently provided an exceptional experience for all the students. It creates an environment of pride and success. I would highly recommend this school district to any student that wants to thrive.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Theo
This school cannot handle students coming from a block schedule. Your child will lose credits. The School Board does not listen to parents. In comparison to other High Schools nearby which are on block schedule and that allow parents to be involved in discipline, I would avould this school and its administration like a nasty plague. They are behind the times.
- Posted by Parent - jrbr9