Blake High School
- Blake High School's student population of 1,671 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 98 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,671 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||98 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Blake High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2533 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hillsborough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Stewart Middle Magnet School Grades: 6-8 | 1,041 student
1125 W Spruce St
Tampa, FL 33607
(813) 276-5691 0.2 6-8 1,041
- Tampa Just Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 318 students
1315 W Spruce St
Tampa, FL 33607
(813) 276-5708 0.3 PK-5 318
- Tampa Legacy Preparatory Academy Grades: K-8 | 247 students
302 E. Linebaugh Ave
Tampa, FL 33612
(813) 253-0053 0.5 K-8 247
- Tampa Patricia Sullivan Metropolitan Ministries Partnership School Grades: K-5 | 91 students
102 E Palm Ave
Tampa, FL 33602
(813) 347-4160 0.5 K-5 91
- Tampa Brewster Technical College
2222 N Tampa St
Tampa, FL 33602
(813) 276-5448 0.6 n/a n/a
Our son is the one who actually chose to apply for the music program at Blake, as my wife and I knew very little about the school. After talking to several people, most in the music field, we agreed with our son. He is in both the marching band and the symphony band, and is loving every minute of it. Since he wants to be more into the writing and producing area of music, he is taking music theory. He is only a freshman, but he has learned a lot in that short period. My wife and I are band booster members and have a great time working with the kids, and the other parents as well. We believe that the education our son is receiving at Blake High school is going to help him get into a quality college program, and also has helped him meet some new friends that are some fine young people. I would strongly recommend Blake High school to anyone.
- Posted by Parent - tjtlo
this is one of the top school for any young adult to come and get the best if not superior music education!
- Posted by Parent - aligo
Worst school in Hillsborough County. Magnet program is simply a new name for integration.
- Posted by Parent - campb
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.