Blue Ridge School
Top Placements (North Carolina)
Blue Ridge School is Listed among the top public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Blue Ridge School's student population of 161 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Blue Ridge School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Blue Ridge School is Jackson County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Jackson County School District's student population of 3,724 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,544 is higher than the state average of $8,969. The district revenue/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,413 is higher than the state average of $8,766. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Jackson County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||3,724||870|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$39 MM||$8 MM|
|District Spending||$35 MM||$8 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,544||$8,969|
|District Spending / Student||$9,413||$8,766|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cashiers Blue Ridge Early College High School Grades: 7-13 | 178 students
95 Bobcat Dr
Cashiers, NC 28717
(828)743-2646 0.0 7-13 178
- Cashiers Summit Charter Grades: K-8 | 200 students
370 Mitten Lane
Cashiers, NC 28717
(828)743-5755 1.7 K-8 200
- Highlands Highlands School Grades: K-12 | 334 students
545 Pierson Dr
Highlands, NC 28741
(828)526-2147 7.1 K-12 334
- Lake Toxaway T C Henderson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 141 students
11839 Rosman Hwy
Lake Toxaway, NC 28747
(828)862-4463 13.2 K-5 141