Booker T Washington Magnet High School
Booker T Washington Magnet High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 5%)
- Booker T Washington Magnet High School's student population of 406 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||406 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Booker T Washington Magnet High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#528 out of 1263 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montgomery Nixon Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 438 students
1000 Edgar D Nixon Ave
Montgomery, AL 36104
(334)269-3012 0.9 PK-5 438
- Montgomery Progressive Academy Of Creative Education Grades: 6-12
Montgomery, AL 36108
(334)269-3760 0.9 6-12 n/a
- Montgomery Fews Secondary Acceleration Academy Grades: 6-10 | 54 students
321 Early St
Montgomery, AL 36104
(334)269-3665 1.0 6-10 54
I definitely would recommend this school to really just about anyone, but definitely people who enjoy arts. Just this past week I attended B.T.W.'s showcase and it was spectacular! I loved every minute of it. It's really amazing what these students can do.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - gumbe
Nearby Homes for Sale
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
A new bill in the Arizona State Senate could criminalize teachers who use inappropriate language in the classroom. We’ll take a look at both sides of the debate.