Forest Avenue Elementary School
Forest Avenue Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Forest Avenue Elementary School's student population of 687 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2016)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||687 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Forest Avenue Elementary School is ranked within the top 1% of all 1,264 schools in Alabama (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montgomery Highland Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 416 students
2024 Highland Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36107
(334)269-3690 0.8 K-5 416
- Montgomery Lanier Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 920 students
1756 S Court St
Montgomery, AL 36104
(334)269-3726 1.4 9-12 920
This is a great school to send your children with great teacher and staff who greet you at the door.Volunteers are also welcomed with opened arms.I love the school and my kids love it also.
- Posted by Parent - kenne
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.