Bret Harte Middle School
- Bret Harte Middle School's student population of 613 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||613 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bret Harte Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#6633 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hayward Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hayward Faith Ringgold School Of Arts And Science Grades: K-8 | 140 students
1570 Ward St.
Hayward, CA 94541
(510) 889-7399 0.5 K-8 140
- Hayward Hayward High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,607 student
1633 E. Ave.
Hayward, CA 94540
(510) 723-3170 0.5 9-12 1,607
- Castro Valley Golden Oak Montessori Of Hayward Grades: 1-8 | 249 students
2652 Vergil Ct.
Castro Valley, CA 94546
(510) 931-7868 0.6 1-8 249
- Hayward Silver Oak High Public Montessori Charter Grades: 9-12 | 198 students
951 Palisade St.
Hayward, CA 94542
(510) 370-3334 0.6 9-12 198
- Hayward Burbank Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 914 students
353 B St.
Hayward, CA 94541
(510) 723-3805 0.9 K-6 914
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.