Winton Middle School
- Grades: 7-8
- Enrollment: 528 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 24:1
- Minority Enrollment: 99%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 19% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 32% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
19% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 32% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Winton Middle School?
528 students attend Winton Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
81% of Winton Middle School students are Hispanic, 8% of students are Asian, 6% of students are Black, 2% of students are Hawaiian, 2% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are White.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Winton Middle School?
Winton Middle School has a student ration of 24:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Winton Middle School offer ?
Winton Middle School offers enrollment in grades 7-8
Review Winton Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities