Hayward High School
Hayward High School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Hayward High School's student population of 1,576 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 74 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,576 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||74 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hayward High School's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#4369 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hayward Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hayward Faith Ringgold School Of Arts And Science Grades: K-8 | 135 students
1570 Ward St.
Hayward, CA 94541
(510)889-7399 0.3 K-8 135
- Hayward Bret Harte Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 637 students
1047 E St.
Hayward, CA 94540
(510)723-3100 0.5 7-8 637
- Castro Valley Golden Oak Montessori Of Hayward Grades: 1-8 | 239 students
2652 Vergil Ct.
Castro Valley, CA 94546
(510)931-7868 0.7 1-8 239
- Hayward Silver Oak High Public Montessori Charter Grades: 9-12 | 188 students
951 Palisade St.
Hayward, CA 94542
(510)370-3334 0.7 9-12 188
We’ll look at the recent trend to extend the school year that is sweeping school districts across the country. Does more time in the classroom mean better educated students?
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.