Broadneck Elementary School
Broadneck Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Broadneck Elementary School's student population of 809 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2008)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||809 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Broadneck Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Broadneck Elementary School is Anne Arundel County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 25 school districts in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Anne Arundel County School District's student population of 79,999 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,681 in this district is less than the state average of $16,454. The district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,073 is less than the state average of $16,634. The district spending/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
|School District Name||Anne Arundel County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||79,999||17,941|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$1,064 MM||$295 MM|
|District Spending||$1,095 MM||$298 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,681||$16,454|
|District Spending / Student||$14,073||$16,634|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arnold Belvedere Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 538 students
360 Broadwater Rd
Arnold, MD 21012
(410)975-9432 1.3 PK-5 538
- Annapolis Windsor Farm Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 578 students
591 Broadneck Rd
Annapolis, MD 21409
(410)222-1690 1.6 K-5 578
- Arnold Magothy River Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 751 students
241 Peninsula Farm Rd
Arnold, MD 21012
(410)544-0926 1.9 6-8 751
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.