Brockton Avenue Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Brockton Avenue Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Brockton Avenue Elementary School's student population of 222 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Brockton Avenue Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Brockton Avenue Elementary School is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles University Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1671 students
11800 Texas Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310)914-3500 0.1 9-12 1671
- Los Angeles Brentwood Science Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 897 students
740 Gretna Green Way
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(310)826-5631 0.8 K-5 897
- Los Angeles Nora Sterry Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 364 students
1730 Corinth Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310)473-2172 0.8 K-5 364
- Santa Monica Mckinley Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 512 students
2401 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)828-5011 1.2 K-5 512
- Santa Monica Franklin Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 831 students
2400 Montana Ave.
Santa Monica, CA 90403
(310)828-2814 1.3 K-5 831
3 words: enroll here definitely. I am a special ed 5th grader named Miranda and this school has got to be the best. The new dance and drama teachers of 2015-2016 class have to be the best. The speech teacher is the best too. Now let me get on with the teachers. The teachers are the best. They are perfect and are very happy to help any student. They are nice, but no too nice, and at the same time, not too mean. 5/5 :D BROCKTON EAGLES FTW(FOR THE WIN!)
- Posted by Student/Alumni - miran
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.