Mckinley Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Mckinley Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Mckinley Elementary School's student population of 512 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||512 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mckinley Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Mckinley Elementary School is Santa Monica-malibu Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Santa Monica-malibu Unified School District's student population of 11,218 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,660 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 17% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $13,769 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 22% over four school years.
|School District Name||Santa Monica-malibu Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||11,218||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$145 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$157 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,660||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$13,769||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Monica Franklin Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 831 students
2400 Montana Ave.
Santa Monica, CA 90403
(310)828-2814 0.8 K-5 831
- Santa Monica Lincoln Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1067 students
1501 California Ave.
Santa Monica, CA 90403
(310)393-9227 0.8 6-8 1067
- Santa Monica Edison Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 433 students
2425 Kansas Ave.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)828-0335 0.9 K-5 433
Learn about how public schools are implementing new programs that encourage dropouts to return to the classroom.
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.