Edison Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Edison Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Edison Elementary School's student population of 433 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2016)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||433 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Edison Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has increased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Edison Elementary School is Santa Monica-malibu Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Santa Monica-malibu Unified School District's student population of 11,218 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,660 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 17% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $13,769 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 22% over four school years.
|School District Name||Santa Monica-malibu Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||11,218||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$145 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$157 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,660||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$13,769||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Monica John Adams Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1065 students
2425 16th St.
Santa Monica, CA 90405
(310)452-2326 0.8 6-8 1065
- Santa Monica Mckinley Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 512 students
2401 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)828-5011 0.9 K-5 512
- Santa Monica Will Rogers Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 563 students
2401 14th St.
Santa Monica, CA 90405
(310)452-2364 0.9 K-5 563
- Los Angeles New West Charter Grades: 6-12 | 823 students
1905 Armacost Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310)943-5444 1.3 6-12 823
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.