Buchanan High School
Buchanan High School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 5%)
- Buchanan High School's student population of 2,700 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 110 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,700 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Buchanan High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has increased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#699 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Clovis Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clovis Alta Sierra Intermediate Grades: 7-8 | 1,428 student
380 W. Teague Ave.
Clovis, CA 93611
(559)327-3500 0.3 7-8 1,428
- Clovis Garfield Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 706 students
1315 N. Peach Ave.
Clovis, CA 93611
(559)327-6800 0.4 K-6 706
- Clovis Woods (harold L.) Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 740 students
700 Teague Ave.
Clovis, CA 93619
(559)327-8800 0.8 K-6 740
- Clovis Century Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 603 students
965 N. Sunnyside Ave.
Clovis, CA 93611
(559)327-8400 1.6 K-6 603
- Fresno Maple Creek Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 636 students
2025 E. Teague Ave.
Fresno, CA 93720
(559)327-7300 1.8 K-6 636
The academic programs of all Clovis Unified School District schools are excellent. I attended Buchanan High School and went on to study in Virginia and Utah. Seeing the level of education in these states opened my eyes to how excellent my high school education really was. I felt I was much better prepared for University education than many of my classmates, who I felt might have been naturally academically "smarter" than I was. Over all, a good high school education and experience.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - test
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.