Burgin Independent School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 518 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 10%
- Graduation Rate: ≥80% (Btm 50% in KY)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50%
- Math Proficiency: 34% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 46% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), KY Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
34% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 30% KY state average), while 46% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 42% KY state average).
What is the graduation rate of Burgin Independent School?
The graduation rate of Burgin Independent School is 80%, which is lower than the Kentucky state average of 90%.
How many students attend Burgin Independent School?
518 students attend Burgin Independent School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
90% of Burgin Independent School students are White, 6% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Hispanic, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Burgin Independent School?
Burgin Independent School has a student ration of 14:1, which is lower than the Kentucky state average of 15:1.
What grades does Burgin Independent School offer ?
Burgin Independent School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-12 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Burgin Independent School part of?
Burgin Independent School is part of Burgin Independent School District.
Review Burgin Independent School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities