Burroughs Elementary School
Burroughs Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Burroughs Elementary School's student population of 434 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||434 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Burroughs Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,224 schools in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Columbus City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbus Cesar Chavez College Preparatory School Grades: K-5 | 348 students
2400 Mock Rd
Columbus, OH 43212
(614)297-8801 0.8 K-5 348
- Columbus Highland Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 325 students
40 S Highland Ave
Columbus, OH 43223
(614)365-5935 0.8 PK-5 325
- Columbus Lindbergh Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 264 students
2541 Lindbergh Dr
Columbus, OH 43223
(614)365-6727 0.8 PK-5 264
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.