Burton Elementary School
- Burton Elementary School's student population of 237 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||237 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Burton Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#2483 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Burton Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burton Burton High School Grades: 7-12 | 209 students
917 N Main
Burton, TX 77835
(979)289-3830 0.6 7-12 209
- Carmine Round Top-carmine High School Grades: 7-12 | 124 students
378 Centennial St
Carmine, TX 78932
(979)278-3252 5.9 7-12 124
- Round Top Round Top-carmine Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 157 students
608 N Washington
Round Top, TX 78954
(979)249-3200 9.9 PK-6 157
- Somerville Somerville High School Grades: 7-12 | 180 students
570 8th St
Somerville, TX 77879
(979)596-1534 11.5 7-12 180
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.