Lindsay Unified School District
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public charter school in Lindsay Unified School District, serving 26 students. public charter school in Lindsay Unified School District have a diversity score of 0.52, which is less than the California public charter school average of 0.66.
- Minority enrollment is 77% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the California public charter school average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the California public charter school average of 23:1.
|School District Name||Lindsay Unified School District|
|School District Website||http://www.lindsay.k12.ca.us|
|School District Phone Number||(559) 562-5111|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||1,267 Schools|
|# of Students||26 Students||626,864 Students|
|# of Teachers||2 Teachers||26,932 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||23:1|
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 83% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#729 out of 989 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||3,982 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||39,430 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||17 Students||315,497 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||47,965 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||6 Students||178,577 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||2,154 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||39,058 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||50,262|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||44,270|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||42,009|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||40,457|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||40,731|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||41,920|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||51,709|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||1||52,698|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||1||50,671|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1||55,901|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||5||51,776|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||6||50,080|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||12||53,921|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||459|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,908 is higher than the state median of $15,053. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,716 is higher than the state median of $14,597. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$70 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$73 MM||$27 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,908||$15,053|
|Revenue / Student||$17,716||$14,597|
Lindsay Unified School District Public Charter Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Loma Vista Charter 290 N. Harvard
Lindsay, CA 93247
Grades: K-12 | 26 students
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.