Calvin Donaldson Environmental Science Academy
- Calvin Donaldson Environmental Science Academy's student population of 476 students has grown by 24% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||476 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Calvin Donaldson Environmental Science Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,636 schools in Tennessee (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1543 out of 1636 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hamilton County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chattanooga The Howard School Grades: 9-12 | 945 students
2500 South Market St
Chattanooga, TN 37408
(423)209-5868 1.2 9-12 945
- Chattanooga Clifton Hills Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 627 students
1815 East 32nd St
Chattanooga, TN 37407
(423)493-0357 1.6 PK-5 627
- Chattanooga Battle Academy For Teaching Learning Grades: PK-5 | 383 students
1601 Market St
Chattanooga, TN 37402
(423)209-5747 1.8 PK-5 383
- Lookout Mountain Lookout Mountain Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 165 students
321 N Bragg Ave
Lookout Mountain, TN 37350
(423)821-6116 1.8 K-5 165
- Chattanooga East Lake Academy Of Fine Arts Grades: 6-8 | 588 students
2700 East 34th St
Chattanooga, TN 37407
(423)493-0334 2.2 6-8 588
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn more about Cato Middle College High, a school that allows students to get a head start on college courses while still in high school.
Public schools in the United States have an interesting history. Learn about how these public institutions developed into a cornerstone of our country's education.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.