Cape Henlopen High School
Cape Henlopen High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Delaware for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Cape Henlopen High School's student population of 1382 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 96 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2015)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||1,382 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||96 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cape Henlopen High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 200 schools in Delaware (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DE)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
- The school district of Cape Henlopen High School is Cape Henlopen School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 40 school districts in Delaware (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Cape Henlopen School District's student population of 5,170 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 89% has increased from 76% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $16,407 is higher than the state average of $8,489. The district revenue/student has declined by 21% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $18,368 is higher than the state average of $8,921. The district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|School District Name||Cape Henlopen School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||5,170||972|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$81 MM||$8 MM|
|District Spending||$91 MM||$9 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$16,407||$8,489|
|District Spending / Student||$18,368||$8,921|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lewes Shields (richard A.) Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 723 students
910 Shields Avenue
Lewes, DE 19958
(302)645-7748 0.8 PK-5 723
- Lewes Sussex Consortium Grades: PK-12 | 152 students
520 Dupont Avenue
Lewes, DE 19958
(302)645-7210 1.2 PK-12 152
- Lewes Beacon Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 573 students
19483 John J. Williams Highway
Lewes, DE 19958
(302)645-6288 2.9 4-8 573
- Rehoboth Beach Rehoboth Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 603 students
500 Stockley Street
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
(302)227-2571 4.6 PK-6 603
- Milton Mariner Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 581 students
16391 Harbeson Rd.
Milton, DE 19968
(302)684-8516 8.7 5-8 581
I attend this school, and I love it. I think that the teachers are excellent instructors to the students. Performing and visual arts are very prominent in the school as well as sports. Many students have received the Distinguished Student award for the DSTP, and our sports teams have received awards as well. For example, our girls lacrosse team was just named Team of The State. We have a state of the art school with technology, and a wonderful turf field. Parents are always involved in extra curricular activities and are very incorporated in their student's activities.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - spong