Captain Cooper Elementary School
- Captain Cooper Elementary School's student population of 65 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has grown by 66% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Captain Cooper Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#3877 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Carmel Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carmel Valley Tularcitos Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 502 students
35 Ford Rd.
Carmel Valley, CA 93924
(831)659-2276 16.3 K-5 502
- Carmel Carmel Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 22 students
27335 Schulte Rd.
Carmel, CA 93922
(831)624-4462 19.3 9-12 22
- Carmel Carmel Child Development Center Grades: K | 13 students
8460 Carmel Valley Rd.
Carmel, CA 93922
(831)624-8047 19.4 K 13
- Salinas Washington Elementary School Grades: 4-5 | 188 students
340 Corral De Tierra Rd.
Salinas, CA 93908
(831)484-1331 20.0 4-5 188
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.