Cecilia High School serves 694 students in grades 9-12.
Cecilia High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Louisiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 45-49% (which is higher than the Louisiana state average of 29%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 40-44% (which is approximately equal to the Louisiana state average of 40%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is higher than the Louisiana state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 37% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Louisiana state average of 57% (majority Black).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 694 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 21:1
- Minority Enrollment: 37%
- Graduation Rate: 85-89% (Top 50% in LA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30%
- Math Proficiency: 45-49% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 40-44% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), LA Dept. of Education
Cecilia High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
Cecilia High School's student population of 694 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
The teacher population of 33 teachers has declined by 19% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Cecilia High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,237 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Cecilia High School is 0.52, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (LA)
Overall Testing Rank
#334 out of 1237 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (17-18)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), LA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Cecilia High School's ranking?
Cecilia High School is ranked #334 out of 1,237 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Louisiana.
What schools are Cecilia High School often compared to?
Cecilia High Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Breaux Bridge High School, St. Martinville Senior High School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
45-49% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 29% LA state average), while 40-44% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 40% LA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Cecilia High School?
The graduation rate of Cecilia High School is 85-89%, which is higher than the Louisiana state average of 84%.
How many students attend Cecilia High School?
694 students attend Cecilia High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
63% of Cecilia High School students are White, 29% of students are Black, 3% of students are Hispanic, 3% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Cecilia High School?
Cecilia High School has a student ration of 21:1, which is higher than the Louisiana state average of 17:1.
What grades does Cecilia High School offer ?
Cecilia High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Cecilia High School part of?
Cecilia High School is part of St. Martin Parish School District.
Review Cecilia High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.