Cedar Creek Elementary School
Cedar Creek Elementary School serves 636 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Cedar Creek Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Kansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65% (which is higher than the Kansas state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 64% (which is higher than the Kansas state average of 37%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Kansas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the Kansas state average of 36% (majority Hispanic).
Cedar Creek Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Cedar Creek Elementary School's student population of 636 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
The teacher population of 34 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Cedar Creek Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,267 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Cedar Creek Elementary School is 0.15, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (KS)
Overall Testing Rank
#51 out of 1267 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, KS Dept. of Education
Highly recommend. Best community.
Review Cedar Creek Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
We look at the pros and cons of personal tutors, learning centers and other types of supplemental education.
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
In response to the Sandy Hook tragedy, Miami-Dade Schools will now be offering mandatory mental health training to faculty and staff inside the district schools.